7.31.2013

Make it- Whole Wheat Soft Tortillas

Sometimes I forget how easy it is to make homemade tortillas. So easy. 
 But no more shall I forgo the opportunity to make a delicious steamy tortilla for our frequent latin meals.
I mean, I grew up eating them. Mmmm, thanks for all the yummy tortillas and Mexican food, Mom.  

Here's my version of homemade Tortillas, amigos.  Don't you just love how they're not perfectly round?
Whole Wheat Soft Tortillas
(makes about 1 dozen tortillas)
Ingredients:

3 C. Whole wheat flour 
2 t. (Aluminum-free) Baking powder 
11/2 t. Sea Salt
5 T. Unsalted Grass-fed Butter (softened) or Coconut oil
3/4 C Warm Water

In a food Processor or High-Speed Blender (I use a Blend-tec), combine flour, baking powder and salt. Next, pulse in butter or coconut oil until a crumbly mix forms. Then slowly add warm water to mix until a dough forms.

Next, divide dough into 12 balls or 24 little balls (my kids love "baby tortillas") onto a floured surface. Roll out your balls with a rolling pin and cook each in a dry skillet at medium heat (about 30 secs. on each side of tortilla).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments!

Pin It button on image hover