11.05.2012

Nature Study- Texture Rubbings

Have you ever noticed all the varying textures outside? I don't think I really did until I set out to do some texture rubbing with my girls. It was an incredible simple way to learn about texture.
All we did was head outside with paper and crayons. Then we gathered leaves and other natural items and placed a thin paper over them (we used cheap copy paper. I think old paper bags, or used craft paper would be great as well.) and the little ones rubbed over it with a crayon. Then the textures magically appeared.  We also ran around and rubbed over walls, sidewalks...
One thing we found out was, even though we may see a certain object, a sidewalk for example, every day, we can still discover hidden details about it. 
I never knew how full of texture everything is. 

Happy exploring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments!

Pin It button on image hover