12.05.2011

Make it- Eucalyptus Chest Rub

Stuffy noses are not fun. Right? Right.
 You know that gooey stuff called vicks vaporub? Well it's been my family's best friend in past winters.

But I really don't like the idea of slathering petrolatum and synthetic camphor all over my girls' little bodies.

So here is my new, natural alternative.
Eucalyptus Chest Rub

Ingredients (Approx.):
1 part beeswax
4 parts oil
10-15 drops Pure Essential Eucalyptus oil


Melt oils and beeswax in a double boiler (I used a metal bowl in a saucepan (: )

The tricky part is getting the right consistency. I use the same beeswax for all my recipes so I know the consistency it creates. (not all beeswax is the same) You will have to experiment with this before you get it perfect.

Add your Chest rub to a container and you have a convenient and natural companion for those not-so-fun congested nights.



7 comments:

  1. I'll be making lip balm and solid perfume in the next few days so I'm going to make some of this too! Thanks so much for the recipe! We've never used Vick's before so I'm interested to see how it works! Do you have the book Organic Body Care Recipes by Stephanie Tourles? It' fantastic!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower of your blog but already really enjoy it! I even made the toothpaste you posted about on Wee Waldorf today :)

    So I've given you the Liebster Award. Thanks for sharing such fun posts and DIY projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out that book. Thanks Joey

    Tanya, so glad you made the toothpaste. I myself love love it!

    Thanks so much for the award. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally appreciate this recipe and its super duper for this time of year. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaheen, you are very welcome. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get the beeswax? Do you have a seller you favor?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love http://www.swarmnaturals.com/. Theyre in Michigan and harvest their own beeswax. And they're very friendly too. (:

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments!

Pin It button on image hover