6.28.2011

Make it-Raw Key Lime Pie

My sister in law is made the yummiest dessert once upon a time. Oh my was it good!! (Annette, you're the greatest!)


The 
macadamia nut crustFresh lime juice in the creamy avocado filling (Avocados are mild and the lime takes over so don't worry about having a pie that just tastes like avocado).


Mmm it was SO yummy! I wish I brought home a slice!


(source)

Make it-Raw Key Lime Pie

Key Lime Filling:
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice {key limes if you're lucky to find some} 
zest of 1 lime
2 ripe avocados, mashed
1/4 cup agave nectar
pinch sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract



Macadamia Nut Crust:

2 cups raw Macadamia Nuts
1/8 tsp sea salt
zest of 1 lime 
4 Medjool dates
2 Tbsp. agave nectar


Crust:
Pulse all crust ingredients in a blender or food processor until until mix sticks together when pressed between your fingers. Firmly press into a pie pan to make an even layer on the bottom and on the sides. Set aside.


Filling:
Whip all filling ingredients in blender until smooth.


Scoop filing into crust and allow to chill overnight or for about 6 hours.


Mmmm, so Good. I need to go make some!

3 comments:

  1. This looks SOOOO YUMMY! I have ingredients to make a refrigerator White Chocolate Key Lime pie, too. I just need to get some free time to make it! AACK!

    Oh, and so you know, you've won my Sub Zero giveaway! Contact me at gourmified@gmail.com to claim your prize! I will be at the Utah Bloggers Summit tonight and can bring it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (: we all could some more time right. Life is busy!!

    woohoo. subzero icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Would it work to substitute the agave nectar for maple syrup? Also, can I just use the dates and skip the added sweetener for the crust? Will the crust still hold together or is the sweetener necessary? Since I cut sugar out of my diet, most recipes are too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments!

Pin It button on image hover