6.23.2011

Make it-Jicama Crunch

First off, the best tasting Jicama I've had was on a trip I took a few years ago to Mexico. We were visiting family in Guadalajara, beautiful by the way!
You can find fresh fruit stands on every cornerFresh picked, organic and delicious!
The trees are filled with heavy branches of fruit. Mangoes are sweet and avocados green and creamy!
My mom, who was living there at the time, had a hill garden behind her home full of tropical avocados, pineapple, bananas, limes and tons of herbs!

Anyway, back to jicama. From a corner fruit stand, I had a cup full of sliced jicama sprinkled with salt and chili pepper mix. IT. WAS. the. BEST! Oh I loved the crunch and flavor. Delicious!

I have yet to find a bite of jicama that good. But still, this imported jicama is delightful mixed with other fruits.
If you are lucky enough to grow jicama locally, enjoy it!
JICAMA CRUNCH

Ingredients:
Mango, peeled and diced
Apple, diced
Jicama, peeled and diced
4 Strawberries, diced
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 T coarse sea salt

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy while imagining you're on the beaches of Tulum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments!

Pin It button on image hover